A New Home for Lister Petter2016-08-22
Lister Petter has completed relocation to its new base in Gloucester. Two years ago the company was operating out of an old factory in Dursley, Gloucester, with an outdated, inefficient layout but its historic home had been sold by the Landowner for housing development.
The new home of Lister Petter is just 11 miles away at Hardwicke in Gloucester in a modern facility comprising several interlinked units. The first unit receives all the components required for production where they are cleaned and stored in high racks or two fully automated ‘Carousels’ holding around 70,000 parts. Pre-assembled parts and preformed trays containing all the components necessary to complete an engine, right down to the last nut, bolt and washer, are then delivered to the production line ensuring that assembly is completed in one continuous process.
The production line accommodates both Alpha and T range engines in succession so that mixed orders can be produced on demand. Finally, the engines are painted and undergo ‘Special Fit’ to finish them to the customer’s individual specification.
A bespoke acoustic panelled test facility, with primary and secondary fume and heat extraction, enables testing of every engine on load banks to a standard test sequence or to individual standards required by our customers. Once completed there is a final inspection before packing for despatch. The new facility is able to produce 175 engines per week on a single shift, with the capability of increasing to double shift when demand requires it.
The final unit houses the Quality Control and Research & Development departments alongside a product showroom, meeting rooms and reception.
The company is very proud of its new production facility and is already welcoming visitors from all over the world.
- Delivering Emergency Dewatering Pumps across the UAE2017-11-10
- Lister Petter Change of Ownership2017-10-30
- Delivering the Extended Power Range with Gamma Engines.2017-10-02
- T series Engine drives irrigation Pump Sales of D.I.E.S.I2017-09-08
- 2 Gareni Industrie France and Lister-Petter strengthen partnership2017-07-03
- New OEM in Mexico selects Lister-Petter TR engines for their sewer cleaning machines2017-06-08
- Top Lister-Petter engineers visit PICSA in Mexico2017-05-30
- Lister Petter diesel powered Air Compressor 2017-03-06
- Diesel Generators arrive in Jordan2017-02-20
- Lister Petter Stocks2017-02-15
- Site Visits in East Africa 2017-02-07
- Lister Petter Stock 2017-02-03
- Lister Petter Promotional Items2017-01-30
- Introducing Aquamechanica 2017-01-24
- 30 Lister Petter engines in 7 days2017-01-12
- Pumping Power in the Middle East2016-12-19
- UK Dealer places repeat order following successful launch 2016-12-15
- Conquering Old Territories2016-12-08
- Lister Petter powering the biggest Petroleum field in Sudan 2016-11-07
- Remote Applications2016-10-21
- Lister Petter Distributor awarded position in top 100 Mid-sized Companies.2016-10-14
- Expo Prado2016-09-30
- Lister Petter powering telecoms in Vietnam2016-09-28
- Building on Solid Foundations – Australia2016-09-12
- Alpha and T Range - Powering Irish Lights2016-09-07
- DELIVERY LEAD TIMES2016-08-31
- A New Home for Lister Petter2016-08-22
- The Lister Petter Short Block Engine2016-08-02
- Long Running Generator Sets2016-07-20
- Lister Petter Village generating set provides safe water to East2016-06-16
- Lister Petter diesel engines regain strength across the Americas.2016-05-10