A New Home for Lister Petter2016-08-22
Lister Petter has completed relocation to its new base in Gloucester. Two years ago the company was operating out of an old factory in Dursley, Gloucester, with an outdated, inefficient layout but its historic home had been sold by the Landowner for housing development.
The new home of Lister Petter is just 11 miles away at Hardwicke in Gloucester in a modern facility comprising several interlinked units. The first unit receives all the components required for production where they are cleaned and stored in high racks or two fully automated ‘Carousels’ holding around 70,000 parts. Pre-assembled parts and preformed trays containing all the components necessary to complete an engine, right down to the last nut, bolt and washer, are then delivered to the production line ensuring that assembly is completed in one continuous process.
The production line accommodates both Alpha and T range engines in succession so that mixed orders can be produced on demand. Finally, the engines are painted and undergo ‘Special Fit’ to finish them to the customer’s individual specification.
A bespoke acoustic panelled test facility, with primary and secondary fume and heat extraction, enables testing of every engine on load banks to a standard test sequence or to individual standards required by our customers. Once completed there is a final inspection before packing for despatch. The new facility is able to produce 175 engines per week on a single shift, with the capability of increasing to double shift when demand requires it.
The final unit houses the Quality Control and Research & Development departments alongside a product showroom, meeting rooms and reception.
The company is very proud of its new production facility and is already welcoming visitors from all over the world.
- Diesel Generators arrive in Jordan2017-02-20
- Lister Petter Stocks2017-02-15
- Middle East Electricity 20172017-02-15
- UAE Dealer Displays Commitment 2017-02-13
- Site Visits in East Africa 2017-02-07
- Lister Petter Stock 2017-02-03
- Lister Petter Promotional Items2017-01-30
- Introducing Aquamechanica 2017-01-24
- 30 Lister Petter engines in 7 days2017-01-12
- T Range engines gain further traction!2016-12-20
- Pumping Power in the Middle East2016-12-19
- UK Dealer places repeat order following successful launch 2016-12-15
- Conquering Old Territories2016-12-08
- Lister Petter powering the biggest Petroleum field in Sudan 2016-11-07
- Remote Applications2016-10-21
- Lister Petter Distributor awarded position in top 100 Mid-sized Companies.2016-10-14
- Expo Prado2016-09-30
- Lister Petter powering telecoms in Vietnam2016-09-28
- Factory Visits2016-09-19
- Building on Solid Foundations – Australia2016-09-12
- Alpha and T Range - Powering Irish Lights2016-09-07
- Rekindled Relationship – UK2016-09-05
- DELIVERY LEAD TIMES2016-08-31
- A New Home for Lister Petter2016-08-22
- New Dealer in Sudan2016-08-19
- Have you got what it takes to become part of Lister Petter?2016-08-17
- New Dealer in Kenya2016-08-17
- The Lister Petter Short Block Engine2016-08-02
- A New Home For Lister Petter2016-07-25
- Long Running Generator Sets2016-07-20
- Lister Petter Proud Sponsor of Aston Martin Evolution Academy2016-06-30
- Lister Petter Press Release2016-06-27
- Lister Petter launch their new line of marketing materials2016-06-22
- Lister Petter Village generating set provides safe water to East2016-06-16
- Lister Petter engines - Proud sponsors of the Oman racing team.2016-05-17
- Lister Petter diesel engines regain strength across the Americas.2016-05-10
- The 41st MEE (Middle East Electricity) exhibition 2016-04-20
- Meet the Lister Petter Directors2016-03-02
- Lister Petter at Middle East Electricity 20162016-02-09
- Lister Petter Director Visiting Kenya2016-02-01
- Lister Petter New Deal2016-01-18